It’s inevitable. Black labradoodle puppies will always wind up becoming parts of the family. How could they not, with their loving eyes, adorable coats, and playfulness? Dogs like black labradoodles become such loved family members, in fact, that a PetFinder.com poll found that 63% of surveyed dog owners will get their doggies presents for Christmas, that four in 10 dog owners will hang stockings for their pets, and that Americans spent about $5 billion each year getting their dogs gifts for the holidays.
Such behavior might seem — at best — odd, or — at worst — bizarre — to people who have never owned dogs like black goldendoodle puppies, but it makes complete sense to those who have, because dogs are great. They literally make their owners’ lives better. Here’s how.
- Dogs Make Us Feel Better. Families who own black labradoodle puppies are happier families. That’s a fact backed up by a few different studies. Research shows that spending just 15 to 30 minutes with a dog can help a person feel more relaxed, and more calm. Playing with dogs has also been shown to boost a person’s levels of serotonin and dopamine, the neurotransmitters that control a person’s sense of happiness, pleasure, and tranquility.In one study, psychologists from universities in St. Louis and Miami found that having canine companions provided the same — if not similar — benefits of having a human companion.In another study, researchers gave dogs to participants, and assessed them after 10 months’ time with their canine comrades. The researchers found that participants who were given dogs had a higher sense of self-esteem, a reduced fear of crime, and better exercise habits, which brings us to our next point.
- Dogs Help Us Get in Shape and Stay Physically Fit. Black labradoodle puppies need their exercise, and when they get active, you get active, too. Whether you’re just taking your Australian labradoodle puppies out for a leisurely stroll, or throwing the frisbee around, you and your doggies both get exercise.A 2010 study published in The Journal of Physical Activity and Health found that dog walkers generally get about a full hour’s worth of aerobic exercise more than those who either don’t have dogs, or don’t walk their dogs.In another study from 2011, Michigan State University researchers found that 60% of dog owners who walked their dogs on a regular basis met the federal criteria for regular moderate or vigorous exercise.The physical benefits of owning dogs like black labradoodle puppies are particularly beneficial to the elderly. A 2010 study published in the Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Service found that elderly persons who took their dogs on walks actually established a more regular exercise routine, and were in fact more physically fit than other elderly persons.
- Dogs Are Great For Kids. Children whose families have dogs like black labradoodle puppies have been shown to be more healthy, more physically active, and more focused.According to Science Daily, kids who grew up with dogs in their house had fewer allergies than those who didn’t have dogs, and were actually less likely to have eczema. Even better, these kids who grew up with dogs also had fewer missed days from school, and had stronger immune systems, too.Children are also more active if the family has a dog. A University of London study found that kids whose families owned dogs got more exercise on a more frequent basis.Dogs are also highly beneficial to children who have been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). These kids have a ton of energy, which can distract them and prevent them focusing on school work. Having dogs like black labradoodle puppies around can help them excise this pent up energy with exercise. Dogs even have a calming effect on kids, which is why many therapists actually use dogs in treatment.Even children who don’t have to deal with ADHD can benefit academically from owning dogs like black labradoodle puppies. Burns Pet Nutrition sponsors the READ program, which, as the name might suggest, helps young children learn to read with the help of dogs. Researchers working with the READ program have found significant amounts of evidence that children who read to their canine companions become more literate, and more confident in their capabilities.
- Dogs Help You Be More Social. Dogs like black labradoodle puppies can liven up your social life, believe it or not. These furry, four-legged friends can help make you more approachable, and even get over some shyness you may or may not have. Whether you’re taking your doggy to the park, on a walk, to the pet store, to the vet, or to a special event, having a dog is a great way to meet people.In fact, Warwick University in Britain conducted a study, and found that 40% of people said it was easier to make friends as the result of owning a dog.In a different study from the University of Liverpool and the University of Bristol, researchers found that residents who owned dogs were more likely to encounter other dog owners than people who didn’t meet a dog, which means that those who own dogs are more out and about, making them more likely to have social encounters.
- Dogs Make Us Healthier. In addition to making you more physically active, owning dogs like black labradoodle puppies can actually make you healthier.Don’t believe it? Just check out a 2004 study published in the British Journal of Health. Not only do dog owners have lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and suffer fewer heart attacks; researchers also found that dog owners have fewer medical issues than those who don’t own any pets.In fact, dogs may even actually protect us from poor health. As previously mentioned, children who grew up around dogs usually have fewer allergies than those who grew up without dogs. A study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found that mice exposed to dust from dog owning-households which allowed their dogs to go outside developed an altered community of microbes in their gut, protecting them against allergens. It’s these microbes that could potentially help children who grow up around dogs develop resistance to allergens.
- Dogs Relieve Their Owners’ Stress . Buying black labradoodle puppies might seem like a weird way to relieve stress, but science has found that dogs can help melt their owners’ worries right away.A 2006 study from the State University of New York at Buffalo gave 240 married couples who owned dogs various types of stressful tasks; the subjects completed the tasks alone, with their spouse, or they were able to see their dog before or after the task. Naturally, the subjects who had the least stress were those who got to see their dogs.Another study from the International Journal of Workplace Health Management found that workers who brought their dogs with them to work weren’t as stressed as others, and were actually much happier with their jobs, all because they got to have their four-legged friends hanging out with them.If that’s not enough to convince you that dogs can help mitigate humans’ stress, consider a study published in the journal Society & Animals. Researchers asked dog owners, dog/cat owners, cat owners, and other people to record how often they laughed over the course of a day. Naturally, dog owners laughed more. People who owned both cats and dogs also recorded frequent instances of laughter.Dogs like black labradoodle puppies often know when people are sad, allowing them to provide comfort when it’s needed. A study from Goldsmiths College found that dogs are more likely to approach a person who’s crying or in distress than someone who’s not, which suggests that dogs are empathetic creatures who want to console those who are in pain.What’s more, dogs like black labradoodle puppies are capable of loving their owners back. Researchers in Japan have found that domesticated animals are capable of releasing oxytocin — the “love hormone” — in intimate situations, just as humans are able to. Oxytocin is the hormone that makes people feel more connected with one another, allowing them to form close bonds, and relationships. The research, which was published in the journal Science, detected this hormone when pets interacted with their owners. No wonder dogs quickly become members of the family!
- Dogs Are Hardwired to Be Loyal. Dogs like black labradoodle puppies quickly become family members not only because they make humans’ lives better, but also because they’re hardwired to be loyal. Sure, a black goldendoodle might not be the most wolfish dog in the world, but its origins are the same as any other domesticated house-dog. Their ancestry reaches back to between 18,800 and 32,100 years ago when they evolved from wolves, which are known for living in packs and developing strong bonds with the members of their packs. It’s this ancestral behavior that makes dogs like black labradoodles so loyal.According to Stephen Zawistowski, a science advisor with the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (better known as the ASPCA), dogs see their humans as members of their packs. Therefore, they naturally develop the same, intense bonds as they would with their canine brothers and sisters.In fact, a 2013 study claimed that the relationship between dogs and their owners is similar to that of a parent and child. As a result of their ancestry, which subconsciously tells them to affiliate with others, they naturally bond with people.
Dogs make our lives better. They make us feel better, help us get physically fit, are great for kids, make us more social, help us be healthier, reliever their owners’ stress, and are hardwired to be loyal.
In addition to all the benefits owning black labradoodle puppies provides, one of the main reasons owning a dog is so great is that they give purpose to their owners’ lives. Their companionship is an invaluable asset. In a study published in the Journal of Psychology elderly persons who owned a dog reported feeling more satisfied socially, physically, and emotionally than those who didn’t own a dog.
Labradoodles in particular make for great pets. Not only are they absolutely adorable, but they come in a variety of different sizes, so you can always find one that’s perfect for your home. They also come in a variety of colors. There are black labradoodle puppies, chocolate labradoodle puppies, goldendoodle puppies, black goldendoodle puppies, and more. Their coats don’t need bathing as much, and are even relatively hypoallergenic.
Of course, the only way to find out just how much dogs can improve peoples’ lives is to own one yourself. Check out black labradoodle puppies for sale, and consider getting one for yourself. If you do, your life will be all the better for it.