- Great personalities and easy to train. Good all-around companion.
- Very intelligent and happy.
- Low to non-shedding coat and lack of doggy odor.
- Allergy friendly coats.
- Get along well with other dogs.
- Excellent companions. Many of the dogs excel as companions for those with disabilities.
- Energetic and bubbly, but gentle.
- People oriented, devoted, and eager to please.
- Love to play
- Very few genetic diseases.
- Trainable! Many are being trained or are already certified as therapy dogs.
- Most are wonderful with children.
The Labradoodle is great with children and easy to train. They get along well with other dogs and are clever, sociable and joyful. They are quick to learn unusual or special tasks and a little comical at times. If undisciplined they can attempt to outsmart their owners at times. Overall, Labradoodles are non-aggressive, friendly and obviously loyal to their family.
Coats can be anything from flat and straight to wavy and curly, minimizing profuse shedding that is more likely to be allergy and asthma friendly. The Labrador fleece coat is the ultimate coat and is easily maintained, non shedding, allergy and asthma friendly and somewhat like that of an Angora Goat.
The wavy coat Labradoodle needs very little grooming, curly coat labradoodles require regular grooming and should be clipped two to three times a year. Neither requires frequent bathing as their coats repel moisture and dirt.
About Our Male Doodles!
There is a lot of conversation about: Do I want a male vs. do I want a female Doodle? Our experience along with other Australian Labradoodle breeders experience, shows there is no difference in their behavior! We find our males (they all live in the house with us and one is even our bedmate) to be so loving, gentle, and easy going.