“Doodle Fit” Requirements for Adoption
Barksdale is a small (southern – family) breeder exclusively of multi–generation Australian Labradoodles. Getting our first Doodle (Southern Cross “Smooch” ThD, (c:ed), (c:h), AKC-CGC, AKC-ThD) took a lot of thought and research to decide if this new dog was right for us. Smooch was everything we wanted and more. It is important that those who adopt our puppies have that same kind of experience. In order to facilitate a good Doodle Fit we have established a few requirements for owning one of our puppies.
A puppy application must first be completed, reviewed and approved by Barksdale. Click here for the application (PDF).
Before adopting a puppy from Barksdale and once the puppy has been identified, a binding agreement between the parties will be executed.
How the Barksdale Process Works
1) Families decide which litter interests them.
2) Communicate with Barksdale about litters via email or by phone.
3) Discuss size, gender, color, coat, timing, temperament, and any other needs or wants.
4) Read what you get with a Barksdale by going to Pricing and Payment Center.
6) Approved Application is then sent to the “Forever Family”.
7) Visits “where & when logistically possible” to Barksdale’s primary facility in Magee are welcome after 2 weeks of age. While these visits are possible due to our Nursery Facilities – puppies can only be viewed until they receive their third inoculations. Visits are only possible on Regular Barksdale Visitation Days
8) Barksdale Puppies can and will be designated at various ages of their lives, with the primary designation done at 6 weeks (+ or -) of age. Barksdale does the selection based on priority of reservation, needs & wants, and most importantly the “Doodle Fit”.
9) Around 8 weeks of age Barksdale’s Veterinary Team will continue protocol, vaccinate, flea & heart worm preventative, & exam will be performed by Barksdale’s Veterinary Team.
10) Go home is generally around the 10th week.
11) Barksdale Labradoodles reserves the right to select two puppies first from every litter for our breeding program.
12) The Final Payment is due and payable a minimum of 10 working days before pickup or delivery of your Barksdale Puppy.
Puppy Application & Documents